March 2018, was ‘Reading Month’. The school organized a series of special activities to mark this special occasion and enhance literacy. Some of these activities included:
- GOT 20 - students were engaged in a sustained reading program where they spent approximately 20 minutes every day reading in the classroom;
- Reading Buddies – Higher class students were asked to read to lower class students over the course of the month;
- Read Aloud during morning breaks and lunch time – teachers read to students during these times;
- Readers’ Theater – early students enacted stories they read over the month.
- Author’s Visit – renowned authors visited ASB and spoke to the students.
- Battle of the Books – students were encouraged to complete reading a list of different books
Students and teachers enjoyed the activities.