Representatives of the school’s accreditation agency, the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) visited the ASB Sukhumvit Campus (virtually and in person) from March 1 - 3, 2021, to assess the progress of the school in areas based on our School Mission and Vision.
The members of the WASC visitation team included:
Chair: Dr. Michael F. LaGory, Teacher, Iolani School, Honolulu, Hawaii
Member: Mr. Aaron Willette, High School Principal, Chiang Mai International School
During their visitation, the committee chair and member met with members of the Leadership Team, teachers, support staff, students, members of the Parent Advisory committee, focus groups, department heads, student councils, visited classrooms and looked into all aspects of ASB’s program.
The visitation committee presented a summary of their findings on March 3, 2021, and commended the school in the following areas:
- The major improvements to facilities and resources.
- The commitment to a systematic, documented, and data-driven processes for ongoing curricular review.
- The strengthened processes for collaboration within and across divisions, including PLCs.
- The review and modification of support programs, including the ELL program.
- The establishment of a Parent Advisory Committee.
- The creation of community-based Learner Attributes.
- The establishment of child protection measures.
- The notable improvements in school-wide communication through the parent portal, surveys, stakeholder meetings and the revised website.
The team also recommended for the school to continue its work with the alignment of Kindergarten through Grade 12 curriculum; the organizational support to the ELL/ SST program (policy, curriculum, and writing program) and also to increase and advance the use of active learning strategies in the classrooms.
The American School of Bangkok Sukhumvit Campus Leadership Team expresses heartfelt thanks to the school’s stakeholders for their involvement, support and participation in the school’s continuous journey for improvement for student learning and success.