Dear ASB Sukhumvit Campus Families,
It is our pleasure to extend a warm and heartfelt welcome to you to the academic year 2022-23 at the American School of Bangkok, Sukhumvit Campus. We hope that everyone had a wonderful summer break, and that you are now ready for the new school year.
The American School of Bangkok Sukhumvit Campus is extremely excited to have all of our students back on campus on Tuesday, August 2nd, 2022.
Please take a moment to read below for a brief introduction of our school leadership team members, important school updates and other procedures for returning to campus next week.
>> MEET ASB SCHOOL BOARD AND LEADERSHIP TEAM <<
- Pam Lita Tavedikul, Board Member
The responsibility of the Board is to oversee the overall direction of the school, happiness and satisfaction of all stakeholders, and evaluate the Leadership Team. Our key administrators, teachers and support staff are ready to begin this academic year with the mission to develop your child(ren) to his/her fullest academic and creative potential, and to provide them with a safe, caring learning environment. We will do all we can to ensure that your child(ren) are comfortable, welcomed, respected, challenged appropriately, and most of all, loved at ASB.
>> COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES AND PROTOCOLS <<
The American School of Bangkok Sukhumvit Campus has revised its COVID-19 safety protocols and prevention measures as recommended by the International Schools Association of Thailand, the Ministry of Education Thailand, the Ministry of Public Health Thailand, and other relevant authorities.
ASB will continue to observe the necessary COVID-19 measures and protocols for the safety of its community members. This includes vigilant screening at school entrances, mask requirements in indoor classroom settings, the observance of social distancing in group activities, and the frequent use of hand sanitizers. Weekly antigen testing for students will no longer be required, unless deemed necessary by the school administration (for example, at the start of the school year, or return to school after a long school holiday). The student who displays symptoms and is identified as positive with COVID-19 (through an ATK) will be recommended for further medical attention and asked to stay home. That student may return to school once the isolation period is over and has a negative ATK. The entire class will not be closed from the exposure to COVID-19. Class members will be closely monitored for symptoms.
- ‘Student Return to School Declaration Form’ and Submission of Results of an Antigen Test
- Submission of Results of an Antigen Test
- While there have been modifications to the school’s COVID-19 safety policies, we are requiring a one-time submission of ATK results prior to returning to the first day of school.
- Therefore, in order to return to school on Tuesday, August 2nd, 2022, ASB families are asked to administer an ATK test at home, submit an image of the results of their child(ren)’s antigen test to school, by Monday, August 1st, 2022 (noon). Please upload the results of the ATK test to the Google form. The results of the antigen tests must be clearly labeled.
- Screening at School Entrances
>> SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION <<
- ASB Sukhumvit Campus Online Parent Portal system: https://plusportals.com/ASBSK
The ASB Sukhumvit Campus Leadership Team expresses a heartfelt thank you to everyone once again for their kind cooperation and follow through with the school procedures. We look forward to seeing all of our students on campus next Tuesday, August 2nd, 2022!
The ASB Sukhumvit Campus Leadership Team